By Krish Arani, Vice President and Managing Director, NetApp East Asia
As part of our objectives in this financial year, to strengthen our capabilities and improve our agility, we aim to drive productivity and efficiency across the organization, as well as to increase our sales capacity to broaden our reach and leverage our network across the ASEAN region. We have boosted the leadership in ASEAN and set in place the following organizational structure:
- The sales markets in Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand will be consolidated into a single entity called the ‘MIT Territory’. Weera Areeratanasak will be the Sales Leader for this high potential district.
He will also have the following Country Sales Managers to help him lead the Enterprise and Commercial sales teams:
– Malaysia: The appointed sales lead will be announced shortly in July
– Indonesia: Ana Sopia
– Thailand: Weera Areeratanasak will still lead the team
Weera has been with NetApp since 2008 and is a highly respected leader with proven track sales and management records. He will bring his passion and leadership expertise to better serve our customers and their business requirements.
- Kit Chasidpon is leading the (Pre-Sales) Systems Engineering teams in the MIT Territory to closely work with end-users, channel partners and internal functional groups to maximize the return on the technology portfolio and deliver the best business integration and outcomes.
- Low Kai Chin(KC) is the Leader for the ASEAN Go-To-Market (GTM) organization, with the charter of bringing NetApp’s data management portfolio of solutions to market, via direct sales and partner channels. The GTM team will manage the channel eco-system as part of a GTM approach, leveraging assistance from our Asia Pacific channels organization to manage field channel requests, operations, management, and program execution. In addition, the GTM team will collaborate with extended functional teams to bring strategic solutions to market.
KC has the following members in his team who will execute the GTM responsibilities:
– Strategic Business Lead for Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Rest of ASEAN: Serene Keng
– Strategic Business Lead for Singapore: Jenson Chong
The Way Forward
The cloud is the biggest disruptor and opportunity for the industry and NetApp. We have the opportunity to lead our customers in their journey to the hybrid cloud. With a solid strategy and a motivated team, we are confident that NetApp ASEAN will continue to work effectively to ensure customers have control and choice in how to manage, secure, and move data from flash to disk to cloud as data ages over time.