Join NetApp + SolidFire at the Austin Convention Center for the OpenStack Summit! Learn about NetApp’s industry-leading OpenStack-enabled storage portfolio: Visit us in booth A38, attend our sessions, or request a meeting.
SolidFire’s Kelly Boeckman and John Griffith sat down with NetApp’s Brendan Wolfe and Rob Esker and the Tech ONTAP podcast team to chat about the Austin Summit, what’s new in Mitaka, upcoming in Newton, and why the Blackheart Bar will be the place to be for the community party. Listen here.
Once upon a time, I called Texas “home” for three years. Delicious BBQ, the Hill Country, amazing music (of all types), and a moment when Willie Nelson waved from Billy Bob’s stage. At me.
So I, for one, am overly excited that in one short week the OpenStack Summit will kick off in Austin. Everything that makes Texas great combined with the best of cloud computing — what more could you ask for?
Amplifying the excitement, the Austin Summit represents the first time SolidFire will have a joint presence at the show with our new family at NetApp. We’ll be highlighting how our two companies are an unstoppable force when it comes to your OpenStack storage needs. The number of ways to engage NetApp + SolidFire throughout the summit is as large as Texas itself, so read on for details.
In booth A38. Talk with NetApp + SolidFire about how we can help you achieve your OpenStack goals, pick up a pair of Socks 3.0, view a demo, play a giant game of Jenga, or get a copy of our second round of custom Cards Against Humanity. We’re still offering Internet fame — book your slot on PopUpTechTalks! We’re shooting new episodes Tuesday through Thursday. Tweet @CommsNinja for your opportunity (or to volunteer a friend).
Meet with us
Request an informal VIP meeting with top NetApp and SolidFire executives and/or technical experts. Meetings are scheduled at your request and the agenda is customized to your requirements. Request your meeting now!
Hear from us
Cinder, Manila, containers, customer experiences, or stories from the front line: Our sessions throughout the week cover it all.
Monday, April 25
Expanding DBaaS Workloads with OpenStack Trove and Manila
Amrith Kumar (Tesora), Sean Cohen (Red Hat), Chris Merz (SolidFire); 12:05-12:45 p.m.
Check it out
How Stuff Works: Cinder Replication and Live-Migration
Ed Balduf (SolidFire), John Griffith (SolidFire), Rob Esker (NetApp); 4:40-5:20 p.m.
Check it out
Tuesday, April 26
Cinder and Docker, Like Peanut Butter and Chocolate
John Griffith (SolidFire); 11:15-11:55 a.m.
Check it out
Wednesday, April 27
To Persist, or Not to Persist (Container Data), That is the Question
John Griffith (SolidFire), Shamail Tahir (IBM), Kenneth Hui (Rackspace); 2:40-3:20 p.m.
Check it out
Other NetApp sessions include:
- OpenStack at Scale Inside NetApp: Trials and Tribulations
- Things I Wish My Mother Had Told Me: Customer Experiences with OpenStack, and how to make it better
- Shared Filesystems Management (Manila); Forging the way ahead
- Hey Storage Engineer: Tell Me About Backups in OpenStack!
- Manila: Experience It Through Demos!
- How OpenStack Proved to Be the Best-in-Class Orchestration Layer for Virdata’s Innovative IoT and Big Data Solutions
- Big Data Rapid Prototyping by using Magnum with Cinder and Manila
- The Open Container Initiative, the OpenStack Magnum & Kuryr projects, the CNCF, and you!
- [Sponsored] The World’s Most Interesting Storage Session: The #UnstoppableForce of NetApp & SolidFire
- [Sponsored] The Rest of the Iceberg – OpenStack tips you’ve got to try
- [Sponsored] I want it now! Or, doing more with less for accelerating application development for Developers
- [Sponsored] Skyrocketing Development & Deployment with OpenStack and Docker: The what, why, and how. “Handling DevOps challenges during the lifecycle of an application”
- [Sponsored] Jumpstart your Production OpenStack Deployment with FlexPod
Party with us
NetApp + SolidFire is a premier sponsor of the StackCity Austin community party on Tuesday, April 26. Raise your hand if you’re ready to go eight seconds on a mechanical bull, enter to win an Oculus Rift, or want a chance to talk informally about NetApp’s industry leading OpenStack-enabled storage portfolio? The fun starts on Rainey Street at the Blackheart Bar. Be there at 7 p.m. sharp, or you’ll be voluntold for the first bull ride. Make sure to tweet the fun with #BBQaaS.
Talk containers with us
Join us for an exclusive “You Can’t Contain IT” VIP event on Wednesday, April 27 from 5-7 p.m. at the Container Bar. Share with your peers the impact OpenStack and containers are having on your business. Click here to request your invitation.
So whether this is your first time at the OpenStack Summit rodeo or your fourth (me!), be prepared for some great keynotes, informative sessions, copious opportunities for 1-on-1 engagement with NetApp + SolidFire, and the word “y’all” sneaking into your vernacular. If you can’t make Austin, follow along on Twitter with #openstacksummit.