We are excited to be participating, as a Gold sponsor, at the DataWorks / Hadoop Summit, being held in San José from June 13th through the 15th. For Big Data, it’s the industry’s premier event, and we are looking forward to showcasing NetApp’s products and solutions and sharing information about our extensive experience with HortonWorks and Big Data Analytics.
Enterprises rely on Hadoop to extract and analyze large volumes of unstructured, diverse data, offering up deep insights that help transform the way they do business. NetApp supports the platform with storage building blocks that work independent of commodity servers, delivering reliability and performance. In addition, the NetApp FAS NFS Connector for Hadoop is used to run big data analytics on NFSv3 data without moving the data or creating a separate analytics silo.
Our solutions – designed and certified for HortonWorks – are driving big benefits for customers on their Apache Hadoop platform. These benefits include:
- On-demand analytics with hybrid cloud and multi-cloud deployments
- Higher performance (up to 500%)
- Reduced infrastructure costs (33%)
- Compatibility with HortonWorks Data Cloud
- Lower cluster downtime
- Linear scalability
Big Data – Big Wins
NetApp has been architecting Big Data Solutions for many years, and a number of our customers have deployed large Hadoop clusters using the HortonWorks Data Platform on NetApp with great success.
Customers across the globe, including multinational banks, top-tier universities, leading healthcare providers and large aerospace companies, find that NetApp delivers technology that solves complex, real-world issues. Here are just a few of our joint successes so far:
- Financial services leader ING Direct, upgraded to a high-performance, high-availability NetApp with Hortonworks solution that quickly visualizes and proactively analyzes the data, while ensuring end-to-end monitoring with full display along with the ability to meet the bank’s stringent SLAs
- An industry-leading entertainment giant relies on NetApp with HortonWorks to help foil the activities of scalpers who use bots to buy up tickets while also enabling promoters to see venue ticket sales in real time and decide whether to add more concert dates
- NetApp with Hortonworks delivered a cost-effective Big Data solution to enable new treatment analytics for a leading health insurance provider
Getting To Know You
The whole point of Big Data, of course, is to harness all relevant information quickly and in real-time so that enterprises are empowered to make better business decisions faster. But with change come the challenges of managing complexity, data movement, replication and cloud integration. The Summit will be a great place to meet and chat with peers who are dealing with these same issues, while meeting the industry experts who can you resolve them.
We would love to have the opportunity to get to know you better during the show, so here are a couple of ways we can connect.
- NetApp will be hosting a breakout session “Addressing Enterprise Customer Pain Points with a Data Driven Architecture”, on Thursday, June 15, from 3:00-3:40 p.m. We hope you’ll find this session both interesting and informative, and that it answers question you may have around implementation of Big Data projects.
- Come by our booth (#306) for some one-on-one time with our technology and product experts on all things Big Data,
NetApp has the technology and the expertise to help you architect and implement Big Data solutions for your enterprise customers. Let’s make it a winning year for all of us!
See you at the Summit!