OpenStack is the choice of many organizations who want to provide private cloud services for their applications which follow the Amazon Web Services (AWS) model. OpenStack services provide everything cloud native applications need including compute, network, and storage resources all controlled using a simple GUI and easy to consume APIs. NetApp customers enjoy direct integration of clustered Data ONTAP, E-Series storage, AltaVault, and StorageGRID products with the OpenStack ecosystem using the Unified Cinder Driver, Swift and S3 object storage, and Manila file shares.
This week we welcome Dave Cain (@thedavecain) to the Tech ONTAP Podcast. Dave and the guys discuss OpenStack’s Liberty release and the trip OpenStack Summit Tokyo. We also talk about the recently released FlexPod Datacenter with Red Hat OpenStack, which provides a concise guide to deploying RHEL-OSP on the FlexPod platform. Also if you are wondering why there is so much excitement around OpenStack, you should definitely listen to the episode and learn more about how NetApp was the #1 contributor to both Manila and Cinder.
- Visit NetApp’s OpenStack page on Github
- Follow NetApp OpenStack on Twitter @openstacknetapp
- Highly Available OpenStack Deployments Built on NetApp Storage Systems (TR-4323)
- FlexPod Datacenter with Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform Design Guide
- FlexPod Datacenter with Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform
NetApp sessions from OpenStack Summit Tokyo 2015:
- Yahoo! Japan Builds an OpenStack Enterprise Storage Architecture for Japan’s Largest Internet Portal – Video
- Manila – An Update from Liberty – Video
- Manila and Sahara: Crossing the Desert to the Big Data Oasis – Video
- Test Drive for OpenStack with NetApp Cloud ONTAP – Video
- Accelerate POC to Production: OpenStack with FlexPod – Video
- Scalable and Reliable OpenStack Deployments on FlexPod – Video
About Our Guest
Dave Cain is a TME and with NetApp’s Converged Infrastructure Engineering group. He focuses on producing validated reference architectures that promote the benefits of NetApp storage and software into hybrid cloud environments. Previously, Dave focused on Network, Storage, and Virtualization IT infrastructure at IBM for over 10 years.
NetApp Insight Berlin starts in 7 days!
Have you registered for NetApp Insight Berlin yet? With over 300 technical breakout sessions to choose from, as well as Hands-On labs and onsite NetApp Certification Exams, Insight is one event you won’t want to miss. And if that isn’t enough, you can come and hang out with Glenn, Sully and Pete.
Each week, the Tech ONTAP Podcast discusses all-things NetApp, interviews subject-matter experts, and provides insights into the storage industry. Follow the hosts on Twitter: Pete Flecha (@vPedroArrow), Glenn Sizemore (@glnsize), and Andrew Sullivan (@andrew_NTAP). Subscribe to the podcast on SoundCloud, iTunes, or sign-up to receive the Tech OnTap newsletter.