This week, we welcome in a gaggle of NetApp technology brain power to discuss the next evolution in Flash storage – NVMe. We discuss whether NVMe is the future or a passing trend and where NVMe fits within the NetApp product portfolio.
Featured on the podcast (in alphabetical order):
- Andy Banta, Storage Janitor at NetApp SolidFire (@andybanta)
- Val Bercovici, CTO for NetApp SolidFire (@valb00)
- Andy Grimes, Mr. Flash/Principal Architect for Flash at NetApp (@andy_NTAP_flash)
- Mark Harrison, NetApp SE (@NetApp_Mark)
- Anthony Whitehouse, Senior Product Manager at NetApp (@apwhitehouse)
- John Woodall, VP, Engineering at Integrated Archive Systems; NetApp A-Team member (@John_Woodall)
For more information on NVMe, read Keith Aasen’s recent blog or check out this Q&A Val Bercovici recently did with The Register’s Chris Mellor.
Each week, the Tech ONTAP Podcast discusses all-things NetApp, interviews subject-matter experts, and provides insights into the storage industry. Follow the hosts on Twitter: Justin Parisi, Glenn Sizemore, and Andrew Sullivan. Subscribe to the podcast on SoundCloud, Stitcher, or iTunes.