Are you knocking up against the limitations of an aging infrastructure, running out of capacity, unable to use modern features because you can’t risk trading off performance? It’s understandable that you’ve postponed, waiting for a long-promised new platform, but now it’s been delayed again. Sure, you’ve had a good run with this vendor, but how long can you wait, and should you? You already fear the migration is bound to be disruptive and time-consuming. How many features that you rely on today will be missing in a first generation system? Do you want to be the customer that puts reliability of a new system to the test?
Now is a good time to reassess. What else is happening in your organization? If you’re like most enterprises today, there are corporate initiatives – perhaps even mandates – to consolidate your data center footprint and move workloads to public cloud. You probably have cloud native containerized development projects in lines of business that will need enterprise grade data services. Your Chief Data Officer is looking at ways to improve and standardize data management, security and governance across your data estate both on- and off-premises.
Back to that storage array upgrade….
If you are going to make a major storage architectural change shouldn’t you consider one that sets you up to support more of your critical business initiatives?
Consider this: instead of going through a painful migration that leaves you in no better position to address your strategic cloud and data imperatives, what if you could migrate to a six nines platform that delivers common data services on-premises and across all the major public clouds? A platform that would enable to you to:
- Easily replicate data into Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, or AWS to do more with your data in scenarios ranging from test-dev to production to disaster recovery and analytics.
- Automatically tier data to a low cost cloud medium when it makes sense to do so.
- Confidently shift even demanding enterprise application workloads like SQL and SAP Hana to the public cloud, shrinking your data center footprint.
- Support cloud native application development with application and data mobility as well as enterprise grade data protection.
- Provide data visibility, common data management, and security services across your distributed data in support of your CDO’s agenda.
Such a solution exists today.
NetApp can help you build your cloud-ready Data Fabric so that your next upgrade decision works for you in supporting your strategic business initiatives. It’s time to stop waiting and to think bigger. Learn how Dow Jones and others have built a unified data experience on-prem and across the world’s biggest clouds.