The NetApp® E-Series and EF-Series storage systems have more than 1 million installations worldwide, and some of the world’s largest companies run on these systems. The NetApp EF570 array was also chosen as a 2018 StorageReview Editor’s Choice Award winner. The following new product enhancements are now available and further strengthen and innovate the product line.
- 100GbE NVMe over RoCE (NVMe/RoCE) host interface option for EF570 all-flash and E5700 hybrid flash systems
- 32Gb FC and 25Gb iSCSI host interface options for EF280 all-flash and E2800 hybrid flash systems
- NetApp SANtricity®11.50 release
- SANtricity Unified Manager
- SANtricity container microservices and Common Criteria security
These new features provide the following benefits.
- Achieve consistent microsecond (µs) response with the 100Gb NVMe/RoCE host interface for EF570 and E5700 systems. Up to 1M IOPS, latencies below 100µs, and positioning for extremely low latency workloads such as Oracle databases, Microsoft SQL Server, and data analytics. Both the 100Gb NVMe/InfiniBand (shipping since October 2017) and NVMe/RoCE host interface cards are powered by Mellanox technology.
“NetApp has been a leader in supporting Mellanox NVMe-oF network controllers on their E-Series arrays, most recently with NVM/RoCE,” said Rob Davis, vice president of Storage Technology at Mellanox. “We look forward to continuing our partnership of innovation with NetApp.”
- Accelerate Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases—up to 20 times faster.
- Expand options with multiple high-speed host interfaces, including 32Gb FC, 25Gb iSCSI, 12Gb SAS, 100Gb InfiniBand, 100Gb NVMe/InfiniBand, and now 100Gb NVMe/RoCE.
- Reduce system cost and improve rack density with SANtricity container microservices (OEMs only). A Docker container service allows approved OEM partners to embed applications (such as GPFS and Lustre) on E-Series and EF-Series storage systems.
- Simplify management of large E-Series and EF-Series installations with SANtricity Unified Manager. Discover, organize, and manage as many as 500 NetApp E2800, EF280, E5700, or EF570 systems with a simple web-based interface.
- Protect against today’s security threats with Common Criteria security.
- Gain affordable performance with 32Gb FC and 25Gb iSCSI host interface options for EF280 and E2800 systems.
- Take advantage of leading price/performance for small and medium organizations.