Now you can easily download, preserve, and deliver mailbox data in the handy Personal Storage Table (PST) format. NetApp® Cloud Control for Microsoft Office 365 now supports export to PST for restore at the mailbox level.
A PST file is the easy way to provide data in a convenient format to any party who needs it. With the addition of the Export to PST option in Cloud Control, you can download and restore data in PST format simply by using a drop-down menu.
Cloud Control already had options to restore to the same mailbox or to another mailbox. Now, in our continuing efforts to improve our products to help drive our customers’ business, we have added Export to PST to the restore options in our Cloud Control for Office 365 service.
The new option is easy to use. In just a few simple steps, you can export backed-up mailbox data and access it, including any attachments to the exported emails.
You can use the Export to PST feature at the mailbox level and at the folder level.
See Exactly How Easy It Is
Now let’s look at an example that shows the specifics of exporting the backed-up mailbox data by using the Export to PST feature:
- From the dashboard, select the Microsoft Exchange service to perform the Export to PST restore.
- Click View next to the number of protected mailboxes.
- Select the mailboxes that you want to restore.
- Click Restore.
- Select the Export to PST restore option. This option is not available for Microsoft Office 365 Groups. We’re working on similar feature, though.
- Click Confirm. You then see a message that tells you that the restore job has been created.
- Click View the Job Progress to monitor the progress of the restore. You get a comprehensive view of the restore status and a chance to cancel the process if you change your mind.
- When the export is complete, your administrator receives a notification email with the location of the PST file. Keep in mind that the link expires after 48 hours.
That’s it. Now you know exactly how easy the export to PST process is. If you’re still not protecting your Microsoft Office 365 data, try Cloud Control today. Sign up for a free 30-day trial and get access to all the many features that Cloud Control offers.