On November 2, NetApp is hosting a virtual event around the next-generation data center. Register now to get in on it!
Digital transformation requires infrastructure transformation. All CIOs, CTOs, and other C(insert letter)Os know that. Digital transformation occurs when IT Innovation is aligned with a digital business strategy, with the goal of transforming how organizations serve customers, employees, and partners.
Digital transformation enables organizations to support continuous improvement in business operations and ultimately helps companies to disrupt existing businesses and invent new business models. The data center infrastructure to support this disruption needs to be agile and elastic to provide the foundation for a continuously changing mix of variable, on-demand workloads.
But before that transformation can even begin, the organization must make sure that it’s ready. Because this is big, big change. Building your cloud to accelerate multiple new applications and data services demands a next-generation approach—modular, full-stack solutions that simplify IT operations and are open, to enrich your choices.
In our virtual event, scheduled for November 2, we’ll step through the transformation process, focusing on four key use cases in the next-generation data center (NGDC). Then we’ll help make recommendations based on your scenario.
Here’s a preview of those use cases:
- Simplify and automate. Customer expectations around speed, scale, and simplicity are rising. The more you can automate (around provisioning, as an example), the lower your operating expenses and the stickier your customers will be.
- Build a cloud hosting infrastructure. IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS require storage services that facilitate new customer applications, improve customer satisfaction, and reduce risk while improving margins.
- Accelerate DevOps transformation. The expectations on development teams for continuous development must be supported by fast access to cloned data, platforms, and data services integrations. It’s about more than just “doing agile development.”
- Optimize unstructured data. The growth of data continues, driven by new types of rich and distributed content and the Internet of Things. If the true value of this data is to be realized across your organization, new approaches are required.
I hope you can join our event to hear conversations with some of the most informed industry experts, including analysts, solutions architects, product managers, and experts in DevOps, VMware, hyper converged infrastructure, and more.
Key discussion tracks will focus on:
- Simplifying and automating your private cloud
- Accelerating DevOps transformation
- Building a cloud hosting infrastructure
- Optimizing unstructured data
If any of those topics interest you, I encourage you to sign up now and join us in November!