At Cisco Live Europe, Lee Howard, CTO of Global Industry Solutions & Alliances at Netapp, presented about DevOps in the CMAX Theater at Cisco Live Barcelona. The session title was “Agile Infrastructure for DevOps with OpenStack, Containers, and Cisco CloudCenter.” He covered the challenges for IT and developers, the newly introduced FlexPod® SF, and the extended portfolio.
Here a short summary of what was covered there.
Today, the main challenge for DevOps is keeping up the pace and continuing to experiment while also being able to deliver a steady state.
You should ask yourself how you can respond to new demands of the business such as:
- Deploying new hardware and software in minutes anywhere, from your data center to the cloud
- Repatriating shadow IT for superior customer experiences
- Automating even more tasks for internal service delivery
- Facilitating the innovation of new digital products, solutions, and services for customers
Your answers have a direct impact on the requirements for the next-generation data center. The main requirements are:
- Enhanced programmability and automation for in-house service delivery capabilities
- Delivery of guaranteed performance to dynamic sets of tenants, applications, and workloads
- Pay-as-you-grow consumption for new services
- Assurance that your data is available and fault-tolerant
FlexPod SF ignites the full potential of next-generation data center, empowering IT and business users to quickly respond to the needs of the business and facilitating innovation across the organization. FlexPod SF equips your enterprise for ever-increasing customer demands and the IT of tomorrow.
Get More Information
If you missed the session or didn’t make it to Barcelona, I suggest reading FlexPod SF with SolidFire Storage.
You can also watch the summary video, which was created at Cisco Live.