The NetApp® INSIGHT® 2020 Digital Event is coming up quick, on Monday, October 26 through Thursday, October 29. NetApp just announced the registration, agenda, sessions list, and certification information. Check it out at the NetApp INSIGHT site.
For 18 years I’ve been at every conference, including the “Bat Cave” Fall Classic events in Sunnyvale. This year will be different as a virtual event, but I’m still looking forward to great content, virtual networking, and working with NetApp Learning Services Certification.
Free NetApp Certification preparation
Last year, I enjoyed participating in the Are You Certifiable? panel session with colleague Brandi Einhorn, along with my fellow A-Team members Steve Botkin, Paula Silva, and Damien Berezenko.
This year three NetApp Certification tracks are available—the Data track, the Hybrid Cloud track, and the Converged Infrastructure track. Each track offers exams at the associate, professional, and specialist levels. The Hybrid Cloud track also offers an expert level certification for Certified Hybrid Cloud Architects.
The following NetApp Certification preparation sessions will be offered for NetApp INSIGHT Digital 2020:
- NCDA ONTAP Certification Preparation [CER-1522-1]
- NCHC Administrator Certification Preparation [CER-1524-1]
- NCHC Architect Certification Preparation [CER-1525-1]
- NCHC Implementation Engineer Certification Participation [CER-1527-1]
- NCIE-SAN ONTAP Certification Preparation [CER-1526-1]
- NCTA Certification Preparation [CER-1523-1]
Be sure to register by October 15 to take advantage of the 50% off offer. In addition, NetApp is offering a discount of 25% off the exam list price throughout the event. For more information, read the FAQ document:
Win an award at Tech Meet Elite
Nominations are currently open for the Tech Meet Elite awards. This year three awards will be presented, for Hybrid Cloud Hero, NetApp Certified Specialist, and Certification Leader (open to those who hold three or more active NetApp Certifications).
Award winners will be recognized during this year’s Tech Meet Elite, a virtual event on October 28 starting at 6:30 a.m. (Pacific). Awards will include braggin’ rights, Skullcandy AirPods, and a personal plaque.
Be sure to attend this event and meet live with members of the NetApp A-Team. We will be hosting a live Zoom chat to answer questions and discuss posts.
Advice for virtual exams
Here’s some advice for taking a virtual exam at home, rather than in an exam center.
- Install the Pearson VUE software and test it before the exam.
- Make your workspace as clear of everything as possible.
- Cover external monitors.
- Take off your watch and wallet, but have your Identification available to show on camera.
- Be patient with the exam proctor, who will need you to show them everything in the room, from top to bottom, with your camera.
- Make sure that no one comes into the room while you take the exam.
- Don’t touch your face during the exam.
- Don’t talk during the exam.
- Rest assured the remote proctor is available to help if you have any issues
Good luck getting NetApp Certified. I look forward to seeing you all at the Tech Elite Meet.