The unstructured data deluge is swamping organizations left and right. The challenge of keeping up with the surge of data and drawing new value from it is overwhelming. Our mission on the NetApp® StorageGRID® team is to help you reduce the complexity of managing this massive influx of data while simultaneously enabling you to draw new insights from it. We call this approach simplicity at scale. But don’t just take our word for it. Read the new IDC MarketScape report excerpt to learn how NetApp StorageGRID is solving the right problems.
According to the IDC MarketScape report:
Customers in need of simplicity and speed from their IT infrastructure should consider StorageGRID. As the adoption of cloud proliferates, customers dealing with petabyte scale datasets across various deployment locations can take advantage of StorageGRID with its hybrid/multi cloud integrations.
IDC MarketScape recently named NetApp a Leader in the latest report, IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Object-Based Storage 2019 Vendor Assessment.
NetApp StorageGRID continues to deliver simplicity and speed with its easy-to-use, massively scalable, distributed unstructured data repositories. You can dynamically manage your hot and cold storage needs based on your own policies. With nearly 20 years of production deployments in the most demanding industries, StorageGRID is a recognized leader in unstructured data.
StorageGRID delivers simplicity and scale with more cloud touchpoints and purpose-built appliances to solve today’s needs. With StorageGRID, you can:
- Access data through a global namespace that easily scales to hundreds of petabytes.
- Optimize data availability, performance, geo-distribution, retention, protection, and storage costs with metadata-driven policies that can adjust dynamically as the business value of your data evolves.
- Extend your data fabric with product integrations across the NetApp portfolio. With data tiering from NetApp ONTAP® FabricPool to StorageGRID, you can save up to 30% of your storage footprint.
- Enable more hybrid multicloud capabilities with validated integrations into Amazon S3 Glacier and Azure Blob. The StorageGRID CloudMirror service interfaces with Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) and with Elasticsearch. It uses the public cloud to process, to transform, and to analyze objects and metadata while securing your data in an on-premises object store.
- Achieve flexibility to deploy and to centrally manage across infrastructures. StorageGRID can run on purpose-built appliances, on nodes as virtual machines, on bare-metal services with Docker containers, or as a combination of all three.
- Meet regulatory obligations and facilitate compliance through tamper-proof data retention, without proprietary APIs or vendor lock-in.