NetApp is pleased to participate again in the Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC), the world’s largest gathering of women technologists. Produced by AnitaB.org, and presented in partnership with ACM, this year’s celebration is being held in Orlando, FL, October 1-4, 2019. More than 25,000 attendees are expected. If you are new to this event, check out Sally Wahba’s first-timer’s guide.
Can’t Miss Sessions
NetApp has been involved with this event since 2008, and is excited to present two speaking sessions this year:
- Got Mentors? Why It Takes More than One to Succeed
- Rachelle Helton (@Rachelle_Helton)
- October 2nd, 2019 – 11:30 AM
- October 2nd, 2019 – 1:00 PM
- Isolation. Annual Review. Failure. Anger. Envy. Working in tech is tough. We shouldn’t try to do it all alone! But where do you get the good advice you need? It takes multiple mentors to succeed in tech. We’ll share tips on how to recruit your contacts to become mentors so you can grow your skills. Walk away empowered to engage your network so you can master your own career!
- The Seduction of Shiny Things-Squirrel
- Dr. Sheila O’Connor
- October 3rd, 2019 – 2:30 PM
- We live in a world full of distractions – Squirrel! – that take us off track. Join me as we explore and identify why we get stuck and how to stay focused. Learn about the Purpose Pie: Purpose, Strategy and Tactics through unpacking and reframing a real-world discussion about diversity.
If you are already registered, make sure to add sessions to your schedule now, as they do fill up quickly. Note that the system will not allow you to register for sessions that have any overlap in time. Sessions are color coded based on the track they belong to (e.g., AI, career, software engineering, etc.)
NetApp Scholar Program
For the first time, NetApp will sponsor selected students to attend GHC19 as our guests. These students gain access to NetApp engineers, Women in Tech members, mentoring sessions and exclusive events throughout the week, including an invite-only networking event with senior leaders.
Find your next job at NetApp
NetApp is a diamond level sponsor in the expo hall. Stop by booth #1423 and meet with our representatives and learn more about career opportunities at NetApp in engineering, finance, sales or marketing. No matter where you are in your career journey, we want to talk to you!
Or Your Next Job at GHC
While you may not be looking for a job, that doesn’t mean you should skip the career fair. GHC is famous for its multiple day career fair. New for 2019, the fair starts early on Tuesday evening. Also, the career fair is where the real swag is. That reusable bag will come in handy and why you want to make room in your luggage.
Get Social at #GHC19
Share your GHC experiences on social media. Be sure to use the official hashtag #GHC19 on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. Follow the conversation by using the hashtag to see what your fellow attendees are talking about.
As you network with people, exchange information and connect on LinkedIn right away. LinkedIn has a great feature that allows you to scan a QR code on the LinkedIn profile to add them to your professional network.
More information on NetApp’s presence during the Grace Hopper Celebration can be found on our site: https://netapp.com/GHC.
I am looking forward to this year’s conference and I would love to meet you IRL. Stop by and chat with me in booth #1423 to talk social media and marketing!