NetApp Cloud Volumes Service for AWS is NetApp’s new, fully-managed cloud service for enterprise users seeking high performance, reliability and durability. This week NetApp is unveiling new features and functionality for Cloud Volumes Service for AWS. As NetApp promised when they announced availability in North America last spring, NetApp Cloud Volumes Services for AWS are now available in Europe and Asia Pacific regions. Now customers can choose from
- us-west-1 in California
- us-west-2 in Oregon
- us-east-1 in Virginia
- eu-west-1 in Dublin Ireland
- eu-central-1 in Frankfurt Germany
- ap-southeast-2 in Sydney Australia
- eu-west-2 in London England (25 October)
- ap-northeast-1 in Tokyo Japan (25 October)
Cloud Volumes Service for AWS can be accessed by multiple availability zones in each region so users can meet requirements such as compliance and proximity to end customers.
In the future, users will be able to use NetApp Cloud Sync and an AWS Direct Connect Gateway to replicate data between each of these regions for additional protection of resources.
NetApp is also announcing the opportunity for customers to register their interest in participating in a preview of the new NetApp Cloud Backup Service. The NetApp Cloud Backup Service is an add-on feature for Cloud Volumes Service that delivers fully managed backup and restore capabilities for Cloud Volumes Service. Backup copies written by Cloud Backup Service are stored in cloud object storage, providing long term data protection, archive, and disaster recovery of data from Cloud Volumes Service.
Cloud Backup Service will initially support Amazon Web Services (AWS) with the initial release. Support for additional hyperscalers will available CY2019. For additional information or to participate in the preview please visit our registration page.
Learn how your organization can take advantage of NetApp Cloud Volumes Service and the new Cloud Backup Service.
Are you attending NetApp Insight 2018 in Las Vegas October 22-24? Stop by the AWS booth at Insight Central. Attend these sessions to learn more about NetApp and AWS:
- 9142-2 – AWS: High Performance Analytics in the Cloud with NetApp Cloud Volumes and AWS – Wuxi NextCODE Genomics Customer Example
- 9144-2 – AWS: NetApp Storage Solutions for AWS
- 1101-2 – Well-Architected Joint AWS and NetApp Solutions for the Real World
- 1215-2 – NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP (AWS) Technical Deep Dive
- 1253-2 – Designing for Application and Storage Performance in Cloud Volumes Service for AWS
- 1228-2 – Designing and Deploying a Hybrid Cloud with NetApp and VMware Cloud on AWS
Are you planning to attend AWSre:Invent November 26th through 30th in Las Vegas? We’ll be there! See demos of Cloud Volumes Service for AWS and Cloud Backup Service, mini theater presentations and our breakout sessions. Come by the NetApp booth 2437 next to the AWS Developers’ Lounge to learn more.