Sunnyvale, Calif.-April 11,2012- Media and entertainment companies are under pressureto improve workflow efficiencies, manage growing media libraries,and rapidly analyze viewer trends to ultimately impact the bottomline. Working closely with leading broadcasters, studios, cable TVproviders, and Internet delivery networks to drive continuedinnovation and business impact, NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) announcedtoday that it will showcase at NAB 2012 expanded analytics,bandwidth, and content solutions purpose-built to meet thosecompanies’ demanding media workflow needs.
NetApp understands that leading media andentertainment companies winning in today’s market think differentlyand look for innovative ways to use their content and data asstrategic assets. NetApp customers can benefit from greater supportfor the bit rates necessary for today’s HD and film-resolution,production, and delivery workflows, as well as from multipetabytestorage solutions.
- Analytics: NetApp® FAS Data ONTAP®software can provide customers with a real-time data-analyticssolution to gain greater insights by turning data into high-qualityactionable information they can use to make better businessdecisions. For example, NetApp will demonstrate in its booth how acustomer can use this solution to gain a 10- to 100-timesperformance improvement for real-time analytics of a movie-ratingdataset that provides movie recommendations, ad revenueoptimization, and ad targeting.
- Bandwidth: The NetApp Media Content Management(MCM) solution, based on the E-Series storage system, is ahigh-bandwidth and capacity-dense storage solution. Media andentertainment companies can achieve greater efficiency and gain acompetitive advantage by consolidating high-volume, high-resolutionworkflows into a single infrastructure, greatly reducing data andstorage management.
- Content: The NetApp StorageGRID® solutionis a content solution providing boundless, secure, and scalablemedia storage through an enterprise-grade object store thatsupports billions of objects and hundreds of sites for globalcollaborative or archival repositories.
- NetApp will showcase these innovative solutions at its booth,#SL11815, in the South Hall at the 2012 NAB show, April 16-19, atthe Las Vegas Convention Center.
- Tom Coughlin, Founder, CoughlinAssociates
“Modern media and entertainment workflows are working with verylarge files requiring lots of bandwidth to move multiple streams ofdata between workstations and to store the working content. TheNetApp Media Content Management solution is one of a new wave ofdigital storage solutions that can meet this storage demand andbandwidth challenge, allowing a single scalable data solution thatmeets the needs of a high-end digital workflow.”
- Jason Danielson, Media and Entertainment VerticalMarketing, NetApp
“Media and entertainment companies have traditionally installedNetApp for shared-infrastructure, business-critical applications.During the 2012 NAB show, the industry will get to see an expandedset of big data solution offerings from NetApp, forever changinghow many of these companies view us in the market. By deliveringmore bandwidth for real-time workflows, greater media managementsupport for global libraries, and a strong ecosystem for viewer andsubscriber analytics, our customers will be able to take advantageof the global scale and reach of NetApp to solve more of their bigmedia challenges.”
- Learn more about NetApp in media and entertainment at: www.netapp.com/us/solutions/industry/media-internet
- Visit the NetApp Media and Entertainment NAB 2012 CommunitySite: netapp.com/media
- Learn more about the NetApp MCM solutions: www.netapp.com/us/solutions/a-z/digital-media.html
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
- Discuss this news in the NetApp Community, where you canexchange thoughts and ideas on a variety of topics with ourcommunity members. Join now at www.netapp.com/us/communities.
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutionsthat deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate businessbreakthroughs. Discover our passion for helping companies aroundthe world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, Go further,faster, Data ONTAP, and StorageGRID are trademarks or registeredtrademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or othercountries.