SUNNYVALE, Calif.-April 16,2012- NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced that it ranked#4 on Crain’s Chicago Business’s annual “Best Places toWork” list for 2012. Following NetApp’s January #6 ranking onFORTUNE’s 2012 “100 Best Companies to Work For” list, thismarks the first time that NetApp has both participated in andreceived recognition in the Chicago area as a top place to work.Along with this honor, NetApp received distinctive recognition asthe top technology firm among the neighboring technology companiesin the six-county Chicago area, which further establishes NetApp asthe company to do business with in the area.
With employees driven toward a sharedcommitment to global success through innovation, NetApp nurturesits culture by measuring itself against the world’s bestworkplaces. This distinguished recognition given by Crain’sChicago Business follows a history of top-10 rankings thatNetApp has received in various countries around the world for beinga top employer and a great place to work.
- The Crain’s Chicago Business “Best Places to Work”list was determined by the results of two surveys conducted byCrain’s research partner, Buck Consultants LLC. For a company toachieve a ranking, a representative from the company completed asurvey detailing hiring practices, benefits, and pay and thecompany’s Chicago-area employees completed a second survey. Thecombined score of the company and employee surveys determined the2012 “Best Places to Work” list.
- Along with NetApp’s #4 ranking in Chicago, the company hasproven to be a great place to work in these locations around theworld:
- FORTUNE‘S “100 Best Companies to Work For” list:#6
- World’s Best Multinational Workplace: #3
- Austria: #1
- Research Triangle Park, North Carolina: #1
- Japan: #2
- France: #2
- Germany: #2
- United Kingdom: #2
- Canada: #2
- Switzerland: #2
- Australia: #3
- Minnesota: #4
- NetApp’s culture is the source of sustainable differentiationfor the company, which is why the company believes that inspiredemployees do the extraordinary. As a true testament to giving back,every year employees at NetApp’s Chicago office volunteer at thelocal Toys for Tots drive and the Chicago Food Depository. NetAppis also a host site for St. Baldrick’s annual fundraising event;the Chicago campus recently raised over $37,000 forchildhood-cancer research.
- Jeff Paley, regional director, Enterprise Sales,NetApp
“We have a culture of treating our employees, our customers, andour partners with respect, for going beyond, and for doing theright thing. NetApp employees embody the core values of thecompany, which drives success for our customers and partners. Beingselected by Crain’s as a top place to work in Chicago is a truetestament that our employees model our values, resulting ininnovative products and outstanding services that help our partnersand customers accelerate their businesses. I am especially proud tobe part of this highly collaborative team, which has achievedrecord growth in the market.”
Discuss this news in NetApp Communities,where you can exchange thoughts and ideas on a variety of topicswith NetApp’s community members. Collaborate with our company,engage in conversation with NetApp leaders and employees, andparticipate in our passion to go further, faster. Join now atwww.netapp.com/us/communities.
- Read about NetApp’s commitment to culture and its consistentrecognition around the world: www.netapp.com/us/company/our-story/great-place-to-work
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Get the latest on NetApp culture: www.facebook.com/NetAppCulture
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutionsthat deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate businessbreakthroughs. Discover our passion for helping companies aroundthe world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further,faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. inthe United States and/or other countries. All other brands orproducts are trademarks or registered trademarks of theirrespective holders and should be treated as such.