WALTHAM, Massachusetts-June 13,2011-NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced that it wasranked #14 in the medium-size category on the Boston BusinessJournal’s “Best Places to Work” list in Boston for 2011. NetAppis committed to building a model company with a culture that valuescreativity, teamwork, productivity, leadership, and innovation.NetApp’s facility in Waltham, Massachusetts, which first opened in2000, is a technology center focused on research and developmentand sales.
- NetApp’s strong corporate culture, open communication,competitive salaries, unique benefits, and down-to-earth managementstyle are valued by its employees and have led to the company’sconsistently high rankings on “Best Workplace” lists around theglobe.
- This ranking in Boston follows NetApp’s #5 ranking in theUnited States on FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies toWork For” list for 2011.
- NetApp ranks among the top 10 best places to work in 14different regions around the globe, including:
- Australia: #1
- Research Triangle Park, North Carolina: #1
- Canada: #2
- New York City: #2
- Switzerland: #2
- United Kingdom: #2
- France: #4
- India: #5
- Netherlands: #5
- United States: #5
- Washington, D.C.: #5
- Europe: #6
- Germany: #8
- Japan: #8
- The “Best Places to Work” in Boston list honors companies thathave created a positive work environment that attracts and retainsemployees through the combination of employee satisfaction, workingconditions, and company culture.
- NetApp was one of 320 companies to qualify for considerationbased on a 2-stage nomination process and the results ofemployee-satisfaction surveys taken throughout April.
- The survey project was launched in January by the BostonBusiness Journal in conjunction with market research firmQuantum Workplace of Omaha, Nebraska. Companies were evaluated onthe results of more than 18,000 employee-satisfaction surveys.Employees answered questionnaires that addressed such factors astheir pride in the company, company encouragement, support andrecognition of achievement, and relationships with coworkers andsupervisors. The results were analyzed and scored by assigningpoints to each question.
- The top 25 companies in 3 size categories-small (20-100employees), midsize (101-500 employees), and large (more than 500employees)-were profiled in a special supplement of the BostonBusiness Journal published on June 10, 2011.
- Maria Maggio, senior director of Engineering,NetApp
“Getting selected by the Boston Business Journal as one ofthe best places to work in the Boston area is an incredible honorand is another example of how NetApp’s unique corporate culture andtalented employees help distinguish NetApp in the marketplace.There is a true sense of teamwork and camaraderie among the team inWaltham, with an intense focus on delivering the IT efficiency andflexibility our customers and partners demand for businesssuccess.”
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Get the latest on NetApp culture: www.facebook.com/NetAppCulture
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutionsthat accelerate business breakthroughs and deliver outstanding costefficiency. Discover NetApp’s passion for helping companies aroundthe world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further,faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. inthe United States and/or other countries. All other brands orproducts are trademarks or registered trademarks of theirrespective holders and should be treated as such.