EDINA, Minnesota-June 21,2011-NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced that it wasranked #4 in the small employer category on the StarTribune’s “Top Workplaces” list in Minnesota for 2011. NetAppalso received a Special Award for Appreciation of Employees. Thismarks the first time that NetApp appeared on the list and took partin the survey. NetApp is committed to building a model company witha culture that values creativity, teamwork, productivity,leadership, and innovation. NetApp’s facility in Edina, Minnesota,which first opened in 1997, is a regional sales and supportoffice.
- NetApp’s strong corporate culture, open communication,competitive salaries, unique benefits, and down-to-earth managementstyle are valued by its employees and have led to the company’sconsistently high rankings on “Best Workplace” lists around theglobe.
- This ranking in Minnesota follows NetApp’s #5 ranking in theUnited States on FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies toWork For” list for 2011.
- With its #4 ranking in Minnesota, NetApp now ranks among thetop 10 best places to work in 15 different regions around theglobe, including:
- Australia: #1
- Research Triangle Park, North Carolina: #1
- Canada: #2
- New York City: #2
- Switzerland: #2
- United Kingdom: #2
- France: #4
- Minnesota: # 4
- India: #5
- Netherlands: #5
- United States: #5
- Washington, D.C.: #5
- Europe: #6
- Germany: #8?
- Japan: #8
- Top Workplaces recognizes the most progressive companies inMinnesota based on employee opinions about company leadership,communication, career opportunities, workplace environment,managerial skills, pay, and benefits. The analysis includedresponses from over 60,500 employees at Minnesota public, private,and nonprofit organizations.
- NetApp was awarded the ‘Appreciation of Employees’ award basedon responses from NetApp employees giving the highest ranking ofall participating companies to questions pertaining to feelingappreciated for their work.
- The rankings in the Star Tribune Top 100 Workplaceslist are based on survey information collected byWorkplaceDynamics, an independent company specializing in employeeengagement and retention.
- To qualify to be a Star Tribune Top Workplace, acompany must have more than 50 employees in Minnesota. Over 1,200companies were invited to participate. Rankings were compositescores calculated purely on the basis of employee responses.
- The full list of Top Workplaces in Minnesota was published inthe June 19 issue of the Star Tribune.
- Matt Ammentorp, regional sales director based inNetApp’s Edina office
“Getting selected by the Star Tribune as one of the bestplaces to work in Minnesota in our first year taking part in thesurvey is fantastic recognition of the outstanding team we have inEdina and how NetApp’s unique corporate culture and talentedemployees help distinguish NetApp in the marketplace. There is alsoa true passion among our team in Edina for delivering the ITefficiency and flexibility that help our customers and partnerstake their businesses to the next level.”
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Get the latest on NetApp culture: www.facebook.com/NetAppCulture
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutionsthat accelerate business breakthroughs and deliver outstanding costefficiency. Discover NetApp’s passion for helping companies aroundthe world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further,faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. inthe United States and/or other countries. All other brands orproducts are trademarks or registered trademarks of theirrespective holders and should be treated as such.