SUNNYVALE, Calif.-May 16,2012- NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced that it ranked #3 onthe 2012 “Best Workplaces in Canada” list by the Great Place toWork® Institute Canada. This marks the third consecutive yearthat NetApp Canada has ranked in the top 3, after earning the #2spot in 2011. NetApp is honored to be named a leading employer inCanada and to have earned special recognition in the trust indexfor Fairness. This further validates the company’s belief that astrong culture drives inspired employees to innovate to delivercustomer and partner success globally.
The “Best Workplaces in Canada” list is builton five trust-building dimensions of a great place to work:credibility, respect, fairness, pride, and camaraderie. NetApp’scommitment to the same values around the world unite the company asone, and by nurturing an environment in which innovation thrives,NetApp employees are able to deliver success in the marketplacewith integrity and honor.
NetApp Culture Is the Foundation forSuccess
- The “Best Workplaces in Canada” list is compiled by the GreatPlace to Work Institute Canada. The competitive ranking process isbased on two criteria: a 58-statement survey completed by a randomselection of employees, along with their open-ended comments abouttheir organization; and an in-depth review of the organization’sculture, including an evaluation of HR policies andprocedures.
- This year’s 2012 list received over 230 nominations and over49,000 employees participated in the “Best Workplaces in Canada”survey.
- This ranking in Canada follows NetApp’s #3 ranking on theinaugural “World’s Best Multinational Workplace” list in 2011.
- Global recognition as a great place to work positions NetApp asa desirable employer around the world, which attracts and retainsthe best people in the industry. With NetApp Canada’s #3 ranking,NetApp now ranks among the top 10 best places to work in 17different regions around the globe, including:
- Austria: #1
- Research Triangle Park, North Carolina: #1
- Japan: #2
- France: #2
- Germany: #2
- United Kingdom: #2
- Switzerland: #2
- Australia: #3
- Minnesota: #4
- Chicago: #4
- Washington, D.C.: #5
- Pennsylvania: #5
- New York: #6
- Europe: #6
- Netherlands: #8
- India: #10
- NetApp believes that inspired employees do the extraordinaryand, as further validation, NetApp Toronto was a host site for oneof the St. Baldrick’s Foundation’s annual fundraising event.Through the strong relationships that NetApp employees in Canadahave built, NetApp’s channel partners in the region joined in theNetApp event to help raise money and awareness for thefoundation.
- The full list of top places to work in Canada was publishedApril 19 in the Globe and Mail.
- Jeff Goldstein, vice president and general manager,NetApp Canada
“NetApp employees are the driving force behind the success of ourcompany. Being recognized as the #3 best place to work in Canada isa true testament to how the NetApp core set of values drivescompetitive advantage for NetApp and success for our customers andpartners around the world.” Discuss this news in NetAppCommunities, where you can exchange thoughts and ideas on a varietyof topics with NetApp’s community members. Collaborate with ourcompany, engage in conversation with NetApp leaders and employees,and participate in our passion to go further, faster. Join now atwww.netapp.com/us/communities.
- Read about NetApp’s commitment to culture and its consistentrecognition around the world: www.netapp.com/us/company/our-story/great-place-to-work/
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Get the latest on NetApp culture: www.facebook.com/NetAppCulture
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
About the Great Place to WorkInstitute
The Great Place to Work Institute is a global research andmanagement consultancy with expertise on workplace transformationand a presence in 46 countries worldwide. Our mission is to improvesociety by creating better workplaces. We are best known for ourglobal Best Workplaces Program, which we produce in conjunctionwith prestigious media partners such as the Globe andMail, the Financial Times and Fortune. Withmore than 5,500 organizations surveyed every year across the globe,the program is the world’s largest of its kind. We believepassionately that any company or organization can become a greatplace to work. Our mission is to help you do it.
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutionsthat deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate businessbreakthroughs. Discover our passion for helping companies aroundthe world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further,faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. inthe United States and/or other countries. All other brands orproducts are trademarks or registered trademarks of theirrespective holders and should be treated as such.