RESEARCH TRIANGLEPARK, NorthCarolina-October 10, 2011- NetApp (NASDAQ:NTAP) todayannounced that it ranks #1 on the TriangleBusinessJournal’s annual “Best Places to Work” in ResearchTrianglePark (RTP) list for 2011. NetApp received this honor in theGiantCompanies category, which includes companies of 1,000employees ormore; it marks the seventh time that NetApp has madethisdistinguished list and the third time it has been ranked#1.
- Winners were chosen based on an anonymous employeesurveyconducted by Quantum Market Research in which NetAppemployees inResearch Triangle Park gave the company high marks foritsteam-oriented work environment, exceptional peoplepractices,strong executive leadership, and effectivemanagerialrelationships.
- NetApp currently holds Top-15 outstanding rankings forsimilargreat-places-to-work awards in these locations around theglobe:
- United Kingdom: #2
- Canada: #2
- Switzerland: #2
- New York City: #2
- Australia: #3
- France: #4
- Minnesota: #4
- United States: #5
- Netherlands: #5
- Washington, DC: #5
- Europe: #6
- Japan: #8
- Germany: #8
- India: #10
- Boston: #14
- NetApp first opened its RTP location in 1999, and in2005expanded operations with the opening of the NetApp RTPTechnologyCenter. NetApp continued its growth by unveiling the RTPDynamicData Center in 2009. The facility expands NetApp’sengineering anddevelopment efforts in the region to create andimprove storageefficiencyand cloud-enablingtechnologies.The state-of-the-art data center’s innovative designandconstruction have set the industry standard for energyefficiency.Recently, the center became the first data center toearn theEnvironmental Protection Agency’s prestigious ENERGYSTAR®certification.
- Today NetApp has 1,330 full and part-time employees intheregion. The RTP location includes a 24/7 global service andsupportcenter along with engineering and inside salesorganizations.
- Denise Cox, seniorvice president, Global Support,NetApp
“Being selected by the Triangle Business Journal as oneofthe best places to work in the Research Triangle Park area isanincredible honor and truly validates NetApp’s uniquecorporateculture and talented employees. In fact, it is the highcaliber ofour employees working in an environment where managementhas adown-to-earth style and individuals are encouraged to go aboveandbeyond that drives NetApp’s spirit of innovation.”
Discussthis news in NetApp Communities,where you can exchange thoughts andideas on a variety of topicswith our community members. Collaboratewith our company, engage inconversation with NetApp leaders andemployees, and participate inour passion to go further, faster.Join now at www.netapp.com/us/communities.
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Get the latest on NetApp culture: www.facebook.com/NetAppCulture
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutionsthatdeliver outstanding cost efficiency and acceleratebusinessbreakthroughs. Discover our passion for helping companiesaroundthe world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further,faster are trademarks orregistered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. inthe United States and/orother countries. All other brands orproducts are trademarks orregistered trademarks of theirrespective holders and should betreated as such.