VIENNA, Virginia-June 6,2011- NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced that it wasranked #5 in the Large Company category (with nonlocalheadquarters) on the Washington Business Journal‘s “BestPlaces to Work” list in the greater D.C. area for 2011. The honormarks the third consecutive year that NetApp has been ranked in thetop 5. NetApp is committed to building a model company with aculture that values creativity, teamwork, productivity, leadership,and innovation. NetApp’s facility in Vienna, Virginia, which firstopened in 1999, focuses on customers in federal, state, and localgovernment; K-12 and higher education; as well as commercialentities in the Washington, D.C., area.
- NetApp’s strong corporate culture, open communication,competitive salaries, unique benefits, and down-to-earth managementstyle are valued by its employees and have led to the company’sconsistently high ranking on “Best Workplace” lists around theglobe.
- This ranking in Washington, D.C., follows NetApp’s #5 rankingin the United States on FORTUNE magazine’s “100 BestCompanies to Work For” list for 2011.
- With its #5 ranking in the Washington, D.C., area, NetApp nowranks among the top 10 best places to work in 14 different regionsaround the globe, including:
- Australia: #1
- Research Triangle Park, North Carolina: #1
- Canada: #2
- New York City: #2
- Switzerland: #2
- United Kingdom: #2
- France: #4
- India: #5
- Netherlands: #5
- United States: #5
- Europe: #6
- Germany: #8
- Japan: #8
- The “Best Places to Work” list is based on results ofconfidential surveys administered by the Washington BusinessJournal.
- The full list of top places to work in Washington, D.C., waspublished in the June 3 issue of the Washington BusinessJournal.
- Mark Weber, president, U.S. Public Sector,NetApp
“Placing in the top 5 on the Washington Business Journal‘slist for a third consecutive year is a huge honor and the directresult of our tremendous employees and strong corporate culture.The NetApp team in Vienna is innovative and passionate and we arecommitted to partnering with our customers to deliver the ITefficiency and flexibility they require for success.”
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Get the latest on NetApp culture: www.facebook.com/NetAppCulture
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutionsthat accelerate business breakthroughs and deliver outstanding costefficiency. Discover NetApp’s passion for helping companies aroundthe world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further,faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. inthe United States and/or other countries. All other brands orproducts are trademarks or registered trademarks of theirrespective holders and should be treated as such.