SUNNYVALE, Calif.-November 2, 2011-NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced six high-performingSPECsfs2008 NFS benchmark results, including a world record,further validating that NetApp customers don’t need to compromiseefficiency and flexibility to achieve high performance. The speedof business has changed, and companies are required to be moreagile than ever before, while keeping costs down. Innovative andvalue-conscious companies need to look at NetApp first for theirhigh-performance storage needs.
- SPEC, the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation, is anindependent nonprofit that was formed to establish, maintain, andendorse a broad set of standardized benchmarks. SPECsfs2008measures file server throughput and response time.
- NetApp conducted the SPECsfs2008 benchmarks on the NetApp®FAS6200 series, running on the Data ONTAP 8® operating system.These systems can be combined in a single unified cluster thatenables customers to scale with data in place as their businessgrows.
- The six new SPECsfs2008_nfs.v3 benchmark results demonstratethe leading NAS performance, linear scalability, and efficiencythat NetApp storage solutions deliver to customers:
- Performance. NetApp scalable storagearchitecture achieves world-record NFS performance for demandingNAS workloads with 1,512,784 ops per second and an overall responsetime of 1.53ms.
- Scalability. NetApp linear scalability enablescompanies to start with solutions sized for their current storagerequirements and massively scale to meet future demands. As nodesare nondisruptively added to the NetApp cluster, performanceincreases linearly and the system continues to provide the samefast response time. This highlights the future-ready scalabilityand flexibility of the NetApp clustered infrastructure running DataONTAP 8, proven by the six new benchmark results with 4-, 8-, 12-,16-, 20-, and 24-node clusters.
- Efficiency. NetApp’s best-in-class efficiency,as compared to the public information related to the competitiveproduct with the next highest SPECsfs2008 NFS result, ishighlighted in the NetApp 24-node benchmark, which used 50% fewerdisk drives and 80% fewer controller nodes while delivering 35%higher performance and 40% faster response time.
Chris Cummings, vice president of Product and SolutionsMarketing, NetApp
“Companies today require IT thathelps grow their business by providing support for enterprisebusiness applications, big data, and cloud computing. These SPECbenchmark results validate that NetApp can provide companies with ahigh-performance storage infrastructure for their demandingbusiness-critical workloads that require always-on availability.Additionally, NetApp delivers on-demand flexibility to start with asmall storage solution and easily, nondisruptively scale as theirdemand grows.”
Discuss this news in NetApp Communities,where you can exchange thoughts and ideas on a variety of topicswith our community members. Collaborate with our company, engage inconversation with NetApp leaders and employees, and participate inour passion to go further, faster. Join now at www.netapp.com/us/communities.
- Read the SPEC benchmark results report:
- Read Val Bercovici and Dimitris Krekoukias’ blogs to learn moreabout the benchmark:
- Download the data sheet for the FAS6200 system: www.netapp.com/us/products/storage-systems/fas6200/
- Learn more about Data ONTAP 8: www.netapp.com/us/products/platform-os/data-ontap-8/
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Get the latest on NetApp culture: www.facebook.com/NetAppCulture
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
NetAppcreates innovative storage and data management solutions thatdeliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate businessbreakthroughs. Our commitment to living our core values andconsistently being recognized as a great place to work around theworld are fundamental to our long-term growth and success, as wellas the success of our pathway partners and customers. Discover ourpassion for helping companies around the world go further, fasterat www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, Go further,faster, and Data ONTAP are trademarks or registered trademarks ofNetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All otherbrands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of theirrespective holders and should be treated as such.