Choosing the right partner to build your virtual environments just got a lot easier. NetApp continues to execute its strategy to deliver one (kickass) experience across any (VMware) cloud. Our portfolio delivers unified capabilities from the edge to your core private cloud to every public cloud, enabling you to build your own unique data fabric. At VMworld 2019, we’re excited to introduce new combined solutions and services that extend the versatility of our VMware-certified platform.
Any Cloud. One Experience
NetApp Kubernetes Service on VMware
NetApp Kubernetes Service now supports scalable, VMware virtualized environments on private or public clouds. This managed service reduces deployment time from weeks to minutes and enables IT operations to focus on empowering developers instead of managing infrastructure.
VMware support for Azure and AWS
NetApp now offers expanded capabilities for virtualized environments hosted on leading public cloud providers. You can scale storage infrastructure to reduce the complexity of capacity planning and right-size performance and capacity to support business requirements. Resources can be provisioned, scaled, and terminated quickly to both support workload demands and ensure business continuity.
- Azure VMware Solution by CloudSimple with Azure NetApp files provides the file capabilities in Azure that core business applications require. Customers can have true data mobility between environments using vMotion though vSphere for their storage to move data when and as needed.
- Cloud Volumes Service, delivered by Rackspace for VMware Cloud on AWS, provides easy-to-manage, high performance persistent storage, data protection and efficiency features. Customers can use vSphere to manage NetApp Cloud Volumes.
- NetApp Implementation Service for HCI VMware Private Cloud enables customers to enjoy a hands-free cloud data center by using fully managed services.
VDI for Power Users: The new VMware Horizon View with NetApp HCI
The NetApp HCI portfolio now includes simple, GPU-enabled nodes to accelerate high-performance, 3D virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) environments. The new H615C compute node is the latest version of our expanding GPU portfolio for high-performance technical and scientific apps. It offers guaranteed performance levels and is provisionable by discrete workload. The new offerings dramatically improve performance for power users who use complicated, data-intensive applications like medical imaging, CAD/CAM, and other technical and scientific applications which require special attention to run effectively in virtualized desktop environments:
- Over 2x performance improvement over prior generation for certain CAD applications.
- Over 6x performance improvement over prior generation for certain medical imaging applications.
- Comparable performance to NVIDIA Pascal with a third of the power and half the size.
3X Faster: Memory Accelerated FlexPod
The FlexPod converged infrastructure platform now gives you the opportunity to take advantage of Intel Optane DC persistent memory (Optane DC PMM) using NetApp Memory Accelerated Data (MAX Data). MAX Data moves beyond caching to true memory tiering for next-generation Optane DC PMM providing significant improvements to application performance without compromising data protection:
- 3x better VMware performance to power your most demanding virtualized applications: Testing shows transactions performing 3x better than today’s fastest flash with even greater improvements for non-VMware environments.
- 2x higher VM density to reduce infrastructure costs by up to 50%: Testing shows 50% more VMs per core, meaning less hardware and lower licensing costs.
- #1 most trusted CI platform worldwide: The industry’s top selling converged infrastructure solution comprehensively validated with VMware software.
There’s still time to visit us at booth #327 where you can meet some of our experts and see demos from solutions across our portfolio. You can also still sign up for a casual, no-pressure 45- to 60-minute VIP Program meeting with our business executives and technical subject matter experts. They’ll help you answer your most difficult questions about building your VMware private cloud: http://bit.ly/NetApp_VIP_VMworld_2019