How to overcome the challenges associated with the data protection solution provided by Salesforce and effectively backup your data with a reliable solution?
As concluded in the second part of this blog series, a third-party data protection solution is a requirement for all Salesforce.com customers. To meet customers’ data protection requirements and SLAs, the solution should have the following essential features:
- Automated and simplified way to back up Salesforce data and metadata for both production and sandbox environments.
- Advanced search-and-browse features as well as granular recovery capabilities to find and restore lost data.
- Give Salesforce customers the ability to go at will back to a point in time and restore at different granularities.
- According to Forrester, cloud-to-cloud backup is the only practical option for SaaS data protection. Therefore, the solution must be able to back up Salesforce data to the cloud.
Customers can meet all of those requirements with just a few clicks by using NetApp® SaaS Backup for Salesforce.
Here’s a peek at the features list for NetApp SaaS Backup for Salesforce:
- Back up of Salesforce data and metadata
- Unlimited retention of backup data
- Backup target options:- Storage provided by NetApp SaaS backup or bring your own storage (BYOS)
- Backup search capability
- Backup of sandbox data every 18 to 24 hours
- Restore standard and custom objects
- Restore at organization, object, and record levels
- Restore metadata
- Restore to a different organization
- Restore to a sandbox
- Restore parent-child relationships, both master-detail and lookup relationships
- Compare data and metadata between different backup points
- Chatter backup
- Export to CSV
- Data encryption
- Activity logging
NetApp SaaS Backup for Salesforce is an easy-to-use, SaaS offering that helps Salesforce.com customers meet their data protection needs and regain control of their data.