When it comes to data, the world is changing. Rapidly.
According to a recent report by ESG, 54% of organizations said their spending on traditional storage infrastructure will either remain flat or decelerate in the foreseeable future. At the same time, IDC predicts there will be a 10x increase in worldwide data by 2025.
Artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, autonomous vehicles, genetic research, social media, mobile devices, and other data-rich use cases already generate massive amounts of valuable data every second and will only continue to generate more. For some organizations, this data will lead to the next billion-dollar idea. For others, it’s necessary for their products to simply work.
So, the question is this: if organizations are creating more data but not investing in more data storage, what’s their plan for doing more with less?
That’s where NetApp® StorageGRID® comes in. Our technology delivers easy-to-use, massively scalable, distributed unstructured data repositories so users can dynamically manage their hot and cold storage needs. As an 11th-generation object store with more than 15 years of production deployments in the most demanding industries, StorageGRID is a recognized leader in unstructured data.
And the recognition keeps coming. The IDC MarketScape recently named NetApp as a leader in its latest report, IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Object-Based Storage 2018 Vendor Assessment (doc #US42665518, June 2018).
With StorageGRID you can:
- Access data through a global namespace that easily scales to tens of terabytes to hundreds of petabytes, in alignment with your data storage needs.
- Optimize data availability, performance, geo-distribution, retention, protection, and storage cost with metadata-driven policies that can adjust dynamically as the business value of your data evolves.
- Enable hybrid multi-clouds by using CloudMirror and the StorageGRID’s interface to Amazon’s Simple Notification Service (SNS) and to Elasticsearch, leveraging the public cloud to process, transform, and analyze objects and metadata while your securing data in an on-premises object store.
- Integrate with NetApp Data Fabric with FabricPool to harness the multiprotocol and data management capabilities of NetApp ONTAP® on the NetApp AFF platform while taking advantage of the extensive scale of StorageGRID for the data that doesn’t require the extreme performance of AFF.
- Meet SEC 17a-4(f) & CFTC 1.31(c)-(d) regulatory obligations and facilitate compliance through tamper-proof data retention without proprietary APIs and vendor lock-in. Check out @degen_dale’s blog for more details.
- Deploy and centrally manage StorageGRID nodes as virtual machines, optimized performance- and capacity-based hardware-based appliances, bare-metal services with Docker containers, or as a combination of all the above.
According to the IDC MarketScape report, “the strength of NetApp comes in the form of its core engineering strengths and its vast experience in the unstructured data space. NetApp has made strides in bringing to market new products across market segments and partnership with hyperscale cloud storage service providers Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS. The company’s strategic vision to recognize the needs of the market and the willingness to drive effective change within its organization to align to its vision are commendable. With these changes, NetApp StorageGRID is a part of a broader integrated portfolio offering that makes it an attractive proposition to customers.”